Thursday, February 28, 2008

MAMA Goes GREEN!











Look! MAMA went Green!

I am so proud, I can't stand it. REALLY! I have wanted to buy recyclable bags forever and never did. Why don't they offer to sell these when you check out? Why don't they have them everywhere.? The Commissary could save the world! Ha, that's a joke. But they were not easy to find. I had to ask several people, the lady at the register had to ask several people before finally calling the manager. They are kept locked up in the managers office. Now, tell me why THAT makes sense? SHHH, don't tell anyone we have recyclable bags. It's a secret!



Anyway, these cute little bags hold a ton. I would say almost twice what a regular plastic bag does, plus it won't tear on you. Hate when that happens.





OK! So, here in Harnett County, NC, they don't make it easy to recycle. In FL, it was a sin not to recycle, here you have to really work to recycle. We DON'T, let me repeat, DON'T have any service that will pick up recycling. We have to haul it ourselves to certain locations. which are not convenient or close. The one around the corner is SCARY, the landfill. We do have a drop off location on base, that is great. But mind you, this is hard work. Plus I recycle it all: paper, boxes, plastic, glass, cans. It's all good. We take at least ONE BIG load to recycle each week. And that is filling the entire bed up of ken's truck. Now, tell me why Harnett county is so behind? Yes, this is the state that is a little backwards, you can still smoke in a gas station, OH MY! that is safe. You can smoke in a restaurant. I really miss FL for this. But is guess this is the home of Tobacco. So NC is not ready to go GREEN. I guess this will be my new CAUSE. This really does ruffle my panties that it is so difficult to do some good.



So, tell your friends, family, and neighbors, this is the new "IT" item at the commissary, girls! The New MUST HAVE BAG. (and they are only .70 cents each. WHAT A BARGAIN!) Join me in the Green Movement!

We'll change the world, one Green Commissary Grocery bag at a time!



GO GREEN GIRLS!

5 comments:

Working Mama said...

I LOVE it - you ROCK Lady! Getting greener is one of my missions too! WooHoo!
Andrea

Karen said...

And I thought Florida was behind in recycling since they won't take cereal boxes and other boxes that aren't corrugated. Publix started selling the green bags too. They've even put them right in front of the check out, lol. Good luck on your mission.

Melodie said...

Publix has their green bags right nest to their check out lanes. I was actually talking to the Publix manager yesterday at Karlise's Publix about them. He said they've been selling so many, he's had trouble keeping them in stock.
Since I was standing out in front of the Publix for two hours at a GS cookie booth, I got a chance to really observe the people coming and going. Quite a few of them were leaving with the green bags, and I even noticed several people coming in with their green bags in hand. It was quite refreshing to see.

Anonymous said...

That's great Wendy! I love my bags, they hold a ton. I just don't take them to Target anymore because then I have to bag all my own stuff. They don't know what to do with them there! Weird!

Scarlett said...

No recycling??? Oh my! We get threatened with fines if we don't have the paper and cans in the right containers!!! Good for you, Wendy!