Thursday, February 14, 2008

My First Race!


Love the picture, don't you? Maybe my next race I will have a better picture. Story to follow soon.....
So! I REALLY! ran my first race. Really! I made it all the way to the finish line. Yippee. My first 5K. Wow. what a cool thing. I really thought long and hard about doing this race. I knew I had to, it was in my neighborhood for goodness sake, but oh the pressure. Running around other people does not work for me. I do not like crowds, much less having to run a race w/ 200 people. .... Mostly HS cross country players that run way too fast. What's the hurry? Plus running w/ a lot of neighbors was frighting for me also.
So, I only run for selfish reasons. Reason one! I like chocolate way too much. Reason TWO! It is the only time during my day where I don't have to clean, speak to others, chase after two boys, do chores, ETC. It is all about me. I can run as slow as I like, and I usually do, the longer I am out the better. Ha. I can sing as loud as I like, and I normally do. Use to sing more before I lost Ken's I-pod, whole nother story. My MP3, just needs come lovin'. Reason 3! It's nice to run when someone really is not chasing you.
I finished 46th out of 88. I am so happy. Time: 28:50. Yippee, I just wanted to break 30 minutes.
Oh! SO, lack of pictures.... I ask ken at the finish line, do you have the camera? He says, "No, Sorry, I did not have an extra hand for it." OK! We have a backpack camera case????
Just call me Racer X - The Speed Racer, Please!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Congratulations!!! Too bad you didn't get any pictures. There's always next time :)

Working Mama said...

Good work, Wen! That's awesome - you are a champ! Next time we'll have Ken wear a helmet-camera so he has NO excuses!!
Andrea